Monday, March 12, 2007

1st Degree

Slumbering Lungfish

This blog makes me feel: like peeing my pants.

I had to start my Journey somewhere; why not with the first blog I ever read? I happened upon Lore's work by, off all nerdy pursuits, reading PC Magazine. At the age of 22. It mentioned The Brunching Shuttlecocks as a great site for random funniness. Now defunct, Lore was a member of the Shuttlecocks, and the site was indeed frickin hilarious. From there, I explored more of Lore's work. I can actually say I have read every entry of The Book of Ratings, in which Lore rates things from "Breakfast Cereals" to "He-Man Characters" on a classic "A" to "F" grading scale. Pure genius. It's one of those ideas you look at and say, "Damn! I wish I had thought of that!"

Thus, Lore is the 1st Degree of Bloggeration. For every blog I visit, there will be another degree. From his page, I chose to move on to Silent Penultimate Panel Watch. Lore describes the author, Matt Gill, as "oddly compelling". I hope one day, this blog is described as "oddly compelling". Or at least not "the maggot infested interior of a broken man's soul". That would not be good.

Lore's Blog in one quote: "I guess I won’t be there, although I wouldn’t rule out a wacky scheme involving sneaking in the back door dressed as a pastry chef."

1 comment:

Floyd's Lists said...

True, you had to start your journey somewhere. Unfortunately for the world, it didn't start with a cervical scrape.