Wednesday, April 4, 2007

9th Degree

Sesion Golfa

Sorry about the delay in posting, it took me about a day to realize Comer Con Lilawas a dead site.

This blog makes me feel like: People in Spain are WAY too obsessed with American entertainment.

Another Spanish blog, another blog obsessing with American films. I think this makes me yearn for the olden days, before movies. I'd love to see someone dub or caption a theatrical performance.

That's all I have to say about that blog. I'd much rather focus on Comer Con Lila, because this introduced me to the coolest tool ever...Google Translator! This has to be one of the most entertaining web utilities I have ever seen. I love the authentic "Broken English" translation power. Check out these memorable quotes:

"What is the luxury? it is to buy a branch of fresh flowers in the boulevard of Barcelona, to escape a labor morning to give a stroll touched by the sun of the winter, is a bath of bubbles with your lover, to always have French mustard in the refrigerator and to perfume your favorite jersey with the subtle [essence] of chanel 5."

"If, we are fully urban, sibaritas, beings of the street, addict to the march, the trembling rate of the large cities, but sometimes, only when it is worth the trouble, we have our affairs with green mountains, the bucólicos small villages and the Hispanic fauna… we played Heidi."

I liked this idea so much that you can now translate my page to Spanish... I hope it comes out just as bad!

Back to the task at hand, I am going to http://elhilodepenelope.blogspot.com. My new translation skills tell me this is "The thread of Penelope". Sounds... Spanish. *sigh*

Sesion Golfa in one quote: "Peter Griffin es una bola de manteca despreciable y egoísta. Vive con su abnegada mujer, una hija adolescente con las hormonas disparadas, un hijo en la edad del pavo con el coeficiente intelectual de una gamba, un bebé maligno que sólo piensa en matar a su madre y habla como un literato, y un cínico perro parlante que es alcohólico."

Sesion Golfa in one quote (Google Translator version): "Peter Griffin is a despicable and egoistic butter ball. He lives with his self-sacrificing woman, an adolescent daughter with shot hormones, a son in the age of the turkey with the intellectual coefficient of a prawn, a malignant baby who think about killing his mother and only speak like a literato, and a cynical dog talking that is alcoholic."





3 comments:

Ryan said...

I found your site thanks to Today's Rock Stars... In any case, I was wondering where you find your links on these blogs? There are many I haven't been able to find when I look at the site.

Scott Duster said...

Ryan-- I look everywhere. Lot's of times, I find the links in past entries, and there are a lot of links in the comments sections. In Blogger, if you click on the title of a post, it shows you that post AND comments, so I figure these are fair game.

Anonymous said...

In my search for "Comer con Lila" I accidentally found your comments on her site. Are they offensive? I could not tell. As a native Spanish speaker, I can tell you that this--hers-- is an excellent site, very well written and very informative. On the other hand, I could not figure out what your site was about...Asi es la vida.